Sunday, June 14, 2009

Swing, Swang, Swung

As I'm writing this I'm thinking it's just around the time the last notes of this year's Jazz Festival are sounding in the Flynn Space: Jen Hartswick and her Quintet. Nice closer for a memorable 10 days of music.

I had to call it an early night and head home before the final show, but even as I was leaving downtown around 6pm I saw a large group gathering outside the Flynn. Another full house, wish I could have stayed!

I did catch Mike Martin and Trio Gusto earlier this afternoon at the Radio Bean. What an absolute treat. They play at the Bean every other Sunday at 5 - definitely worth making a plan to enjoy them swinging through classics like Honeysuckle Rose, Careless Love, and a cheerful, irreverently updated 21st c. version of I Can't Give You Anything But Love (including Blackberries, cell phones, tanked portfolios and all. Wonderful.)

Since that's the last music I'm hearing for this year's event I can tell you I am leaving the 26th annual Festival a very, very happy music fan.



No comments:

Post a Comment